There must be one chaperone for every five (5) participants ages 14 to 17 years and he/she is:
- 21 years of age or older.
- Responsible for the safety, welfare and conduct of their youth at all times.
- Expected to be a positive role model and set positive examples to all youth.
- Expected to assist youth in locating workshops, arriving in a timely manner and ensure youth remain in their workshops until the session is complete.
- To be in attendance with their youth during all evening activities as there is a ‘no re-entry’ policy once performances begin. This includes opening night entertainment, the Youth Talent Showcase and the Dance.
ALL chaperones must provide a Criminal Record Check in order to attend GOV.